Water Detox with Herbs
Natural Herbal Detoxification Program using just Water
This is a summary of how to do a simple and effective detox programme using just water and 2-4 teaspoons of herbal tonic (of your choosing).
The 12 Detox Tonics
Before telling you about the water-detox programme you will want to know which herbal tonics to use during your 2-week or 30-day programme.
1. Total Detox – this tonic has the formula to detox your seven major organs
2. LiverDetox – specific detox for the liver so that it functions more efficiently
3. LymphCleanse – specific for the lymph sytem to improve long-term cleansing of the body
4. SkinClear – to cleanse the skin
5. WeightLess – to improve bowel function, stimulate the metabolism and help reduce weight
6. WormLess – to clear parasites and toxic wastes in the body
7. Bloodcleanser – to cleanse and regulate the heart and circulatory system
8. KidneyShield – to cleanse and strengthen the kidney system including the bladder
9. LungShield – to cleanse and support the whole respiratory sytem
10. HerbShield – to detox and improve the immune system
11. NerveShield – to strengthen and nurture the nervous system and brain
12. Adrenal Tonic – supporting and regulating the adrenals for stress, anger and worry
The 8 Actions To Do On The Water-Detox Programme
1. Make sure you have one of the 12 Tonics listed above. Add 2Tbsp (tablespoons or 20ml) to a 2 litre bottle of still spring mineral water. It you have a local spring in your town (eg Buxton) collect direct from the outflow on the day.
2. When you get up in the morning and before your morning stretches/exercise/yoga/qiqong drink a glass of water from your prepared bottle.
3. Then each hour drink a glass of water. About 8 to 14 glasses per day. You can drink herb tea but this is in addition to your glass from your bottle.
4. Drink a glass from your bottle before each meal.
5. After going to the toilet drink a glass of water to replace the water lost.
6. Your diet should be 3-5 meals daily according to your custom. Nothing in between – just water from your bottle. Meals should be simplified from your usual if possible. More green salads, with eggs or fish or good cheeses or mixed beans and pulses; rice, cuscous, and fresh herbs like marjoram, basil, sage, rosemary, thyme, chives, parsley, mint see other wild herbs you can eat. You can add mild spices like cayenne, caraway, cardamon, tumeric, pepper corns. Try to avoid cooked foods escept for cabbage, sprouts, spinage, kale, and the like. Use olive oil. (Meats can be eaten on occasion during the month).
7. Don’t drink more than a glass of water at a time. Too much water at one time will cause you to lose essential nutrients. You can either drink a glass (about 150ml) every hour, or you can mix and match by drinking a glassful sometimes and at other times have a pint on your desk to drink a little say every few minutes as you work on the computer or do the paperwork, etc.
8. Last thing at night drink about half a glass of water to finish your bottle for the day. Do this every day on your programme of 14 or 30 days.
How Water Flushes the Organs
The liver is the largest of our internal organs. Its many functions include regulating metabolism and detoxification or cleansing. The liver takes in the wastes or toxins that enter our bodies or that are converted in the body after we consume foods and liquids, or absorb from the environment and by inhalation. These toxins are prepared by the liver for use or elimination. The liver controls the levels of fats and glucose in the blood. It fights against infection, cleaning bacteria from the blood and body. It processes and stores all our nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It is instrumental in the repair of damaged tissues. Infections can occur when the liver has been abused by alcohol or artifical foodstuffs; stones can be formed in the liver or in the gallbladder.
The kidneys are involved in all the fluids of the body – cleansing the blood, keeping the fluids balanced by regulating potassium and sodium levels and the pH. The kidneys process the fluids and the waste passes into the bladder for elimination. Where there is imbalance in the kidney system there can be infections or the formation of stones.
The lymph system is a network of waste drains throughout the body. The lymph is always on patrol to dispose of infectious germs, bacteria and viruses or toxic substances. The lymph is emptied into the blood which is then filtered in the kidneys and liver.
The skin is an eliminatary organ. Wastes are eliminated through sweat glands onto the skin surface. The skin regulates the body temperature. The skin represents our internal health – it can be dry, greasy, have spots or crustiness, rashes, itchiness, excess hair, fungus, boils, bad odour, pastiness, pigmentation problems, puffiness, wasting, and so on. The face is a particular mirror of the internal health of the person.
The lungs filter the air that we breath. The lungs will disarm any harmful products in the air and help the body to process and eliminate them. Breath expels waste vapour and carbon dioxide. It has to deal with car fumes, cigarette smoke, pesticides, chemicals from household products and perfumes, dust, pollen, etc.
All solid waste products head for the intestines. Foods have all their goodness squeezed out of them and the waste passes down the intestines to the bowel for elimination. Without adequate water constipation can occur. Diarrhoes is due to an upset balace in the intestines causing excessive elimination of fluids and nutrients with a consequent dehydration throughout the body. Water or herb tea like peppermint or chamomile should be drunk to support the return of the right function of the intestines. Candida and parasites can flourish in the intestines and these must be cleared and restored to balance.
The blood and circulatory system carries nutrients and oxygen to every cell of the body. Without adequate cleansing and fluid support the blood can become diseased with too many or too few red blood cells, or white blood cells, the platelets, hormones in the blood, and the toxins the blood transports to the eliminatory organs. Water is needed constantly to lubricate and carry out these functions efficiently and safely.
For all these processes, keep taking your bottled water mixture (with the herbal tonic added) to enhance and facilitate the functions in the the systems.
This is a life change you have started. A change for health. Every day. It becomes part of your routine. You can use all forms of water if needs be – filtered water, reverse osmosis water, tap water, mineral water, well water, spring water. What is the best water? Natural spring water of course. Fizzy or carbonated water is ok occasionally, but still mineral water is best for your system.
Alcohol, Tea, Coffee
Drinking alcohol, tea, coffee, and other caffeinated drinks is fine, but you must drink the equivalent water to replace the diuretic action of these stimulating drinks. Try to be moderate! Get to love the taste of mineral water.
Sugar and sugary drinks should be shunned. If you need sweet taste in your herb teas or in black teas and coffee use Stevia (no glucose at all, and very healthy to your system as well).
Too little water in your system can result in poor concentration, tiredness, higher stress levels, anxiety, depression, dry skin, itchy skin, more vulerability to illnesses, colds and flu, water retention, cellulite, bloating, nausea, indigestion, pungent urine, urinary infections, pale skin, spots, confusion, headaches, aching joints.
Results of the Water-Detox
You will find soon enough that your body feels different. Your skin becomes smoother. Your eyes become clearer. Your hair looks healthier. You don’t bloat. You don’t have smelly flatulance. You don’t smell sweaty offensively. Your feet don’t smell bad. Your breath smells fresh. You don’t get colds at the drop of a hat. Your urine will be clear and any old smells in the urine will go. Your hormones will be more balanced – periods will be not as harsh; your sex life will be improved.
Do the Water Detox for 14 or 30 Days or Longer
After this you should continue drinking plenty of water through the day. 1.5 – 2 liters of water should be drunk every day. All stimulating drinks should be matched by a glass of water. Every time you go to the toilet for a bowel movement or to urinate drink a glass of water afterwards to restore the fluid lost.
For illness, or serious disease, or for other specific health reasons, you can also do this transformative water detox programme each month of the year using the detox tonics mentioned in a rotational way.
Why Your Body Needs Water
By Carol Ann Rinzler
You must have water in your diet. It is brimming with minerals and electrolytes, and you can’t live without it. Water is a solvent. It dissolves other substances and carries nutrients and other material (such as blood cells) around the body, making it possible for every organ to do its job.
A healthy body has just the right amount of fluid inside and outside each cell, a situation medical folk call fluid balance. Maintaining your fluid balance is essential to life. If too little water is inside a cell, it shrivels and dies. If there’s too much water, the cell bursts.
Your body is mostly (50 to 70 percent) water. Exactly how much water depends on how old you are and how much muscle and fat you have. Muscle tissue has more water than fat tissue. Because the average male body has proportionately more muscle than the average female body, it also has more water. For the same reason — more muscle — a young body has more water than an older one.
You definitely won’t enjoy the experience, but if you have to, you can live without food for weeks at a time, getting subsistence levels of nutrients by digesting your own muscle and fat. But water is different. Without it, you’ll die in a matter of days — more quickly in a place warm enough to make you perspire and lose water more quickly.
You need water to:
– Digest food, dissolving nutrients so that they can pass through the intestinal cell walls into your bloodstream, and move food along through your intestinal tract.
– Carry waste products out of your body.
– Provide a medium in which biochemical reactions such as metabolism (digesting food, producing energy, and building tissue) occur.
– Send electrical messages between cells so that your muscles can move, your eyes can see, your brain can think, and so on.
– Regulate body temperature — cooling your body with moisture (perspiration) that evaporates on your skin.
– Lubricate your moving parts.
As much as three-quarters of the water in your body is in intracellular fluid, the liquid inside body cells. The rest is in extracellular fluid, which is all the other body liquids, such as:
– Interstitial fluid (the fluid between cells)
– Blood plasma (the clear liquid in blood)
– Lymph (a clear, slightly yellow fluid collected from body tissues that flows through your lymph nodes and eventually into your blood vessels)
– Bodily secretions such as sweat, seminal fluid, and vaginal fluids
Herb Powder Supplement
Don’t take vitamin tablets, and mineral powders, they are full of glazing agents, chalks, fillers and colourants and unnatural industrialized additives. Take 1 tsp 1-2 times a day of the ABC Daily Herbal NutritiPowder Plus. This contains over 75 whole organic herb powders. It yields over 100,000 nutrients every dose! Click here for a full review of our ABC Daily Powder
Other useful herbal medicines
HerbShield for the immune system
BittersMore for the digestion
LiverDetox for normalising liver function
SleepMore for sleeplessness
Skinclear for problem skin
Bloodcleanser – a primary herbal adaptogen
see the full range at our sitemap
*With acknowledgements and thanks to http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/why-your-body-needs-water.html